Church of the Saint Saviour


Saint Saviour is a church at the foot of the St Elias Hill. It is presumed that it originates from XIV century. The last icon paintings have been done by the outstanding icon painter from Veles, Gjorgji. In the southern part of the church there are tombs of great citizens and benefactors for the church. In the yard of the church, the tomb of the reformer Jordan Hadži Konstantinov-Džinot is situated as well. The icons and the iconostasis in the church are even by size and represent a symmetrically decorative unit. The icon of Noah dates from 1817, while the icon of Ss Peter and Paul, from 1819. The bell tower dates no more than the year 1912, which can be proved by its construction and the material used in it.